Appreciation Quotes–Tips for Expressing Gratitude
If you’re a business owner or manager, it’s important to recognize your employees for a job well done. You can show your appreciation of your staff in a number of ways that don’t cost anything at all. For instance, appreciation quotes posted on their desk or in the break area are a great inspirational, motivational tool that will let your employees know you value their work and provide incentive to keep doing a great job.
Let’s take a look at some appreciation quotes that can be used for various types of recognition. Some of these sayings can be spoken or written to your employee while others are just inspirational messages about gratitude and appreciation. Use them as you see fit in the workplace, classroom or even at home.
One way they can be used is placed on an award certificate. PaperDirect has an extensive selection of various certificates that you can order online, but we also have certificate templates that allow you to create your own. Whether you need just one certificate of appreciation or a hundred, PaperDirect has the tools you need to design and print certificates with appreciation quotes. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- “The deepest principle in human nature isthe craving to be appreciated.”– William James
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Celebrate what you want to see more of.” – Tom Peters
- “The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune.” – Sam Walton
- “Next to excellence is the appreciation of it.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “Encouraged people achieve the best; dominated people achieve second best; neglected people achieve the least.” – Anonymous
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”- Leo Buscaglia
- “I consider my ability to arouse enthusiasm among men the greatest asset I possess. The way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab
- “In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong.” – John Ruskin
- “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
If you have not told someone how much you appreciate him or her, why not start today? Shop PaperDirect, your one-stop online source for all types of recognition and motivation certificates and awards, and Thank You Cards