Promote a Positive Environment with Middle School Recognition
Successful teachers know that middle school recognition ideas are more than just simple certificates; they are tools that mean the difference in academic success.
One of the most important aspects of teaching middle school is creating a positive environment. It is also the most challenging.
Teachers know that in order to support student advancement, they need to battle such things as student burnout and lack of motivation on a daily basis using the most effective tools available to them— with recognition ranking at the top.
Everyone loves recognition, including students. That’s why genuine recognition is so important and valuable in the classroom.
If you are looking for some fresh ideas to recognize your students, here are some of our favorites.
One of the best ways to show students that you are tuned-in is by awarding recognition based on observations. Keep a list of positive achievements of each student, especially ones not directly related to scores. Here are some observational ideas:
- Most insightful answer
- Most creative essay
- Best application of the lesson
- Outstanding demonstration of leadership
- Demonstrating inclusiveness
- Outstanding determination
- Daily Positivity
- Organizational Awards
- Most cooperative lab group
- Best demonstration of problem solving
- Successful time management
- Best use of tools such as asking for help, study aids, library
- Most willing to try new things
- Productivity awards
- Most complete classroom notes
- Best demonstration of humor
- Most enthusiastic
- Class/school spirit
- Most interactive
- Fostering class discussion
- Most compelling question
- Stump the teacher
- Art that inspires
- Incredible computer skill
- Reading for fun
- Fostering unity outside the classroom
The best thing about using observational awards for middle school recognition is that the list can go on forever because unique student achievement never ends.
Beautiful certificates are lasting and meaningful for students, they help improve the learning environment, and help shape a positive future for the students.