10 Helpful Business Card Tips
Your business card is a marketing tool that must say lot in a limited space. The right business card can be the key to a thriving business. Here are 10 helpful business card tips for the large and small business owner:
- Communicate more than just your contact information with a creative, catchy tag line.
- Order a large number of cards as this will reduce the cost of making the business cards.
- Avoid the use of clip art for your business logo; have a logo professionally designed that is unique to your company. You can have a logo designed for as little $30.
- Be sure to include your company’s URL on your business card. The absence of a web address may cause you to lose credibility.
- Keep all of your information current. There is nothing worse than calling a business and getting a “disconnected number” message.
- Keep the language and font on the card simple. Make sure your main message does not get lost. Make the card easy to read.
- Limit your business card to the standard size of 3.5″ X 2″. Anything different will not fit into standard business card holders.
- Be sure your business card reflects your image. A funeral home business card should not be flashy and colorful. Keep somber tones for more somber companies and save the artsy images for the flashier companies.
- Be sure the company name is the bit of information that stands out the most on the business card.
- Keep your business cards with you at all time: car, home, office, and wallet or purse.