What Should be Included in my DIY Wedding Program?
Wedding programs are one of wedding touches that add something very special to what will surely be the most memorable day of your life. Do-it-yourself wedding programs not only give the guests a play-by-play of your ceremony, but they help guests feel included and understand what is happening, and they introduce your bridal party. DIY wedding programs will be a wonderful addition to your wedding scrapbook. Many wedding planners will tell you that you must have a wedding program, but the choice is yours. DIY wedding programs are necessary (and very helpful) in these situations:
- For religious and traditional weddings, especially when guests are of a different faith or culture
- For large weddings where guests probably do not know the bridal party
- For long weddings
Typically, you will want to have these parts included in your DIY wedding program with the following information:
The Cover–Include the date of the wedding and names of the bride and groom. You may also include the location and time of the wedding, a picture and some design element.
The Order of Events–This list will include what will happen during the wedding ceremony such as music, greeting, readings, prayers, vows, ring ceremony, candle ceremony, marriage pronouncement and recessional. Be sure to organize your list in the actual order that the events will occur.
Members of the Bridal Party–Here is how you can word this information:
- Officiant: Name
- Parents of the Bride:
- Parents of the Groom:
- Maid of Honor or Matron of Honor:
- Best Man:
You may also choose to include the following information in your DIY wedding program:
- A brief explanation of traditions you are following
- A request for audience participation such as singing, standing and kneeling
- Thank you mentions
- Quotes or poems about marriage
- Directions to the reception venue
Be sure to shop online at PaperDirect for the DIY wedding program you will love!