8 Fun Game Ideas for Company Picnics
As the weather warms up, it’s time to start thinking about enjoying it with a company picnic! Create your own invitations on festive border paper and get your employees, and perhaps their family members, together for a fun afternoon outdoors. Help keep the party enjoyable with these fun game ideas for company picnic days.
1. Sack race: This rowdy outdoor game will get everyone loosened up because it’s impossible to not look silly while hopping around in a sack. If you don’t have access to sacks, pillowcases work just as well.
2. Water balloon toss: There’s no harm in getting a little wet, and most people will in a water balloon toss game. Have people pair up and stand a few feet away and toss a water balloon from one person to the other, taking a step back with each successful catch.
3. Horseshoes: If your picnic area is set up with a horseshoe pit, this makes a fun and casual game for people to play whenever they have a spare moment at the picnic. There’s not much as satisfying as hearing the clink of a horseshoe around the stake!
4. Bocce ball, Bags or Ladder Golf: These games go along with nice weather and being outdoors. Consider building a branded game and give out prizes to the winner!
5. Three legged race: If your group doesn’t mind getting a little crazy, pair off and tie your adjoining legs together for a classic three legged race. It’s amazing how well people can get along if they’re depending on each other to cross the finish line first.
6. Human knot challenge: Divide attendees into teams and have each team get in a circle, put their hands in the middle, and grab two different people’s hands. Then challenge teams to untangle into a circle as quickly as possible without letting go.
8. Watermelon seed spitting contest: This classic contest is fun for everyone, and it’s an easy one to play if you’re already planning to serve watermelon. Set up a starting line and mark the farthest seed so far with a golf tee.
Through all of the company picnic games, focus on having fun and getting to know each other in a context outside of work. If you want to heat up the competition a bit, shop for prizes and custom certificates for game winners, too.