Certificate of Completion Wording
Whether your students successfully finished your dog grooming course or your employees completed a four-day team-building seminar, certificates of completion can put the crowning glory on their achievements. What you write on the certificate, however, can mean the difference between one that gets hung on the wall and one that ends up tucked in that notorious circular file otherwise known as the garbage can.
Basic Info Required
For a certificate of completion to make any sense, you’ll need to include basic information that outlines:
- Name of person receiving certificate
- Name of institution or facility providing the certificate
- Course, training or other series of trials and tribulations the person completed in order to be eligible for the certificate
- Official signature and date
While you can certainly decide to include only those details on the certificate, it would make for a rather boring document. Jazzing up the certificate of completion wording can convey the excitement of the training, the power of the achievement and add a bit of flair to the mix.
Straightforward Certification of Completion Wording
Keeping it simple is the easiest way to go, with wording such as:
- This Certificate of Completion is awarded to (name) for the outstanding completion of (course) at (facility)
- Certificate of Completion: This is to certify (name) has successfully completed (facility’s) (course)
Elaborate Certification of Completion Wording
If straightforward is too dry for your taste, feel free to flower it up a bit with more elaborate prose:
- This honorable Certificate of Completion is hereby bestowed upon (name) for the exceptional performance that led to the successful completion of (facility’s) (course)
- (Facility) proudly presents this Certificate of Completion to (name) for the dedication and hard work that resulted in the successful culmination of (course)
- The faculty at (facility) are honored to present (name) with the official certification for completing (course). Your achievement will be remembered and your participation cherished.
Humorous Certificate of Completion Wording
Those who dare to add even more flair to certificates can do so with humor:
- Who Knew? Despite doubts, groans and arriving late on a regular basis, (name) gets this official Certificate of Completion for (course) at (facility). Whew, that was a close one!
- You Did It! Way to go, (name)! This Certificate of Completion is yours, all yours, for your brilliant completion of (course) at (facility). Go home and hang it on the wall, will ya?
- Way to Go! (Facility) is thrilled to present (name) with this super-cool Certificate of Completion. Now that you’ve successfully finished (course), you can finally go out and party!
Aside from the basic information that indicates who is receiving the certificate and why, the playing field is wide open for any certificate of completion wording you like. Please feel free to mix, match, add to and subtract from any of the examples above with the main aim of getting the certificate on the wall instead of in the trash. If you want to find the perfect template for your certificate of completion, browse hundreds of options on PaperDirect today!