Rank Higher with These Online Marketing Tips
If your business is solely dependent on website traffic or if your website to support your business is just not doing well on the search engines, there are online marketing tips you can implement to try to get the search engines, especially Google, to rank your website higher. High rankings mean more people are going to click on your website, and that means, of course, that more people are going to see your products or services by visiting your site.
If you manage your own website and understand SEO terminology, you should be able to utilize these online marketing tips fairly easily. If you don’t understand SEO very well and need some assistance, simply share these online marketing tips with your web manager and see what he/she says about their usefulness. Then you can pick and choose which to implement at this time and which to hold off on until a later date.
Before proceeding, you may want to read some other PaperDirect blogs about online marketing ideas. “Online Marketing Ideas: Content is Still King” focuses on the importance of well-written, well-optimized quality content. “Web Promotion–Online Marketing Ideas” offers six suggestions to get more traffic to your website. Here are some online marketing tips to get you started:
- Publish a well-optimized press release with good information for your target audience; start by looking at this site: SEO-PR.
- Make sure you have good title tags. One very important tip is to make sure you do not leave the default “home page” titles in the title tags of your website pages because title tags provide important information to the search engines about your site’s content and purpose.
- Choose the keywords you want to target wisely. For instance, hotly contested keywords like “bank,” “Internet marketing,” and “mortgage company” will have tens or hundreds of thousands of websites vying for those Keywords. Get advice from an experienced optimizer to know what keywords to target for each page, and then make sure the content is original and supports those keywords.
- Avoid links with anchor text like “click here,” or “read this.” Search engines evaluate the anchor text in hyperlinks, and the more valuable the anchor text is, the more valuable the content will be rated by the search engines.
- Make sure the content on your website is relevant, original and accurate. If you have a blog on your site, post new blogs regularly and keep the content fresh. People will come back to your site more often if they know they’re going to find something new upon each visit. To understand more about the importance of original content, please read about Google Panda updates.
PaperDirect is much more than your one-stop online shopping source for everything you need for your business. Our blog offers marketing tips, branding suggestions and party/event planning ideas to make your celebration a huge success! We even have a do-it-yourself (DIY) wedding section on the blog and a vast selection of DIY wedding invitations, thank you notes and wedding programs. Why shop anywhere else when PaperDirect has it all in one convenient location online?